Who doesn’t love a fresh start. After all, that’s what the new year is about, right? Starting over. Or is it a continuation of life where we have the opportunity to say, ok I’m going to shift my focus from here to here? Or maybe, no shift is needed at all, but yet leveling up on your current path OR maybe you set goals throughout the year and January is another month where you make progress? Any way you look at it, I think it’s important to set goals in your life. Write them down, keep them locked in your mind, share them with someone. We do this sometimes without even thinking about it. Some even do this monthly, with monthly intentions (#goals). Historically, my goals have nearly always been unattainable. Go to the gym 5-6 days a week. No sweets at all. Lose 30 pounds. See a pattern here? All health related. And although improvements on your health are awesome, we tend to forget about goals for the soul. The ones that run deeper than the outer appearance and shape you as a person. Other goals I’ve set have been too broad where I’m like, what does that even mean for me? So this year, let’s set some bada$$, REAL goals, shall we?
- Be more intentional in connecting with people. (i.e. family, college friends, local friends, acquaintances, and strangers). Make the effort.
- Stop holding onto things people say or do or don’t say and don’t do to you. It’s not about you. Stop relying on others to fulfill you — you are enough.
- Have patience with yourself. Everyday is progress in becoming you.
- Drink more water.
- Show more love and respect towards Alex (my husband).
- Have more dance parties with Alex and Henry. 😉
If you feel comfortable, share your goals with us below. We would love to hear them!