There are few things better in life than a morning where you don’t have to think about what you’re going to have for breakfast. For me, preparing breakfast options ahead of time is much easier than being creative with other meals. Now, that being said, I love eggs. So my go to’s almost always include them. This recipe is no exception, but with the other wholesome ingredients, there is so much more to look forward to when eating this turkey/spinach/sweet potato egg bake.
You may be thinking, “I’m not Paleo” or “I’m not doing a Whole30”, but I promise this recipe won’t disappoint. And if you are sticking to Paleo options or participating in a Whole30, I think this recipe will meet your expectations.
A recipe such as this can also be tweeked in so many different ways to make it your own or substitute options that you like better. Prefer kale over spinach? Yellow potatoes over sweet potatoes? Not a fan of onions? No problems here. The base of this recipe is a classic one that you can recreate all the time.
I had so much fun creating this recipe and knew with these ingredients, nothing could go wrong. It will not only be one of my staple meal prep recipes going forward, but also a perfect option for brunch with family or friends. And of course pairing it with a mimosa when not doing Whole30 😉
Turkey/Spinach/Sweet Potato Egg Bake (Whole30/Paleo)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 large sweet potato cubed
- 2 cups spinach packed
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to skillet. Add the ground turkey to hot skillet and brown. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add 1 tbsp olive oil and the cubed sweet potato and cook through until tender.
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, add 12 eggs to a bowl and whisk thoroughly. Add the almond milk, onion powder, salt and pepper to the whisked eggs and continue to whisk until smooth.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooked, add all ingredients into a greased 9 inch square baking dish making sure ingredients are distributed evenly.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with a side of avocado. Enjoy!